Monday, June 20, 2011

The Beginning

I title this blog the Beginning because it is the Beginning of a New Me. I am sorry that it took me awhile to post this but I was having to much fun soul searching that this wasn't my first priority. So here is the last list of my 2 weeks in Ireland.

June 12: Last classes of Archaeology with the brilliant and passionate Sam Moore. Those classes were very informative and I learned so much about the Irish warrior, the "Celt." We also got to learn a little about Ceili Dancing and heard more of the traditional Irish music, it was truly wonderful.
June 13: The most memorable part of this day was setting sail on the boat "Rose of Innesfree" It was a calm ride on Loch Gill the scenery was breathtaking. Surrounding me was of course the calm clear blue water and then the green hillsides, it might sound generic but as we made our way down the Loch it was if the hills were telling a story about themselves, where they came from and where they plan to go it was just beautiful. I hope you can imagine the beauty, it's pretty much anything you want it to be.
June 14: We visited Galway city and to tell you the truth I barely visited much of the city but I sat down with Stephanie at a lovely cafe and we pretty much talked about life for the remaining time we were there. It might seem like a waste of a day but Steph and I learned so much about each other and about ourselves and that kinda of a conversation is never a waste of time.
June 15: Sam Moore took us to Ceide fields which was pretty much a formation of neolithic rocks in a circle that was used as the foundation of a house, it was truly remarkable to see how the ancient human beings built their empires. Also, we got an amazing view of a cliff side that overlook the ocean again it was another breathtaking site.
June 16: The visit to Derry city was quite emotional, once we starting walking the streets in that Northern Ireland city it was as if we stepped into a completely different world. That atmosphere had more tension but after we had our  tour of the Troubles in the Bogside of Derry I finally realized why the tension was there and then it finally float away when I got to discuss the reason for the troubles with our remarkable tour guide. After I saw how passionate the tour guide was about his town I almost had to cry after hearing his stories and what he went through during The Troubles. I will never forget that tour, it was the best of them all.
June 17: LAST FULL DAY!!!! This day was pretty much a revision of what happened the last 2 weeks and I realized this whole trip was a time to soul search and learn how a different country views life and that helped me view my life and where its going. I was told that studying abroad will change you for the rest of your life, but this trip to change who I am I will always stay the same but I will admit that it helped me to be comfortable with who I am and I should be proud of that. Therefore I found out with the help of my awesome professor Sylvia and new life long friends that I am the ballsy and brash of the group..........true dat!

No comments:

Post a Comment